Midland Daily News reporter, Kathie Marchlewski gives an accurate account of the May 3 quarterly meeting presented by Dow & MDEQ in her article - Prep for river cleanup to start. Read it to know all about the meeting.
Here's what I saw at that meeting:
- a fairly full room, mostly people directly involved in getting the work done,
- well done presentations - given by competent, well trained professionals,
- an angry extremist environmental activist who decided to be exceptionally rude that day, and as usual, making sure to monopolize the comments and questions portion of the agenda with his prewritten scripts in hand.
- the usual delicious cookies.
About the Tittabawassee River: Freeland's Walleye Festival, held annually on the last weekend of April, was once again a success! I'd like to share a couple of articles about fishing on the Tittabawassee from the Midland Daily News:
- Fine time fishing in Freeland by Steve Griffin - 04/30/2007
- and Photos: Easier from the shore - 05/03/2007
- and just for the fun of it, this photo taken from my back deck in March.
I like to call it 'Watering the Asparagus'