Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Hello. I've lived in Tittabawassee Township for about 48 years, 44 of those years in the same location. It's been a pretty nice place to live and raise a family. My community involvement in the early years pertained to my children... six daughters, all of whom grew up and moved out of town. Girl Scouts and high school band performances were my focus interests during those years. I also taught catechism for a few years. I've always felt if people spent more time tending their own families, there would be less need for people to oversee everybody else's business.

The town has grown. Growth is good. However, with this growth came new issues and problems. One of the biggest problems concerns dioxin contamination along the river banks. Another problem is growth. How much is enough? How much is too much? I hope to touch on some of these problems here. I would like this to be a sounding board for members of the community who feel like nobody is listening.

My husband Frank and I recently attended meetings held by The Dow Chemical Company in an attempt to learn more about the dioxin situation. In reference to dioxins, I believe people in the legal field will be the only winners.

Today I attended a Tittabawassee Township Board meeting for the very first time. As usual i couldn't keep quiet. For that reason..... this web log.

No comments: