You may think I don't know as much as your 'scientists' but let me tell you. My neighbors and I have something none of you bureaucrats seem to have... that is..... Common Sense! Look! I want to show you something...
DIOXIN ..... FURAN
- Dioxin... less than 2% of all the dioxins in the Tittabawassee River floodplain
- ... it's a leftover from some chemical processes occurring before DEQ existed!
- Some of it is a result of runoff from farmer's fields when farmers were allowed to use herbicides contaminated with dioxin.
- Furan... more than 98% of all the dioxins in the Tittabawassee River floodplain.
- ... furans are wood-based dioxins, derived from decomposition and burning of wood materials.
- Much of this is undoubtedly a result of the thriving logging industry along the river.
- some furans are most assuredly a result of years of burning off the old brush and grasses in early spring, just like foresters and land preservationists do to this day