- There was a big ol' stinky city dump upstream. The garbage was always smoldering... creating furans and probably dioxins too, since they burned everything.
- The Malleable Iron Factory was upstream. They melted iron... scrap and otherwise, blending it to cast into molds... creating waste product from the furnaces and the product.
- All kinds of runoff in the Shiawassee flats - upstream - from farm runoff and more.
- What is on the property at Saginaw Rock Products?
- How isolated is the river area around the 'hot spot' in the river's bend?
Thursday, December 23, 2004
Think History of Saginaw...
I planned a holiday break but am mentally unable to take a break from reading and viewing the news. The latest dioxin-related incident once again involves not 'our' river but the Saginaw River. Dioxin levels puzzling from The Saginaw News, December 21. WNEM also ran a bit about this dilemma. Alix Hayes sent me an email requesting input. Unfortunately I didn't check my email that day until it was too late to respond to her. Next time, Alix! For now, here is my read on the subject.