- - 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin - This is a byproduct of some petroleum-based chemicals.
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzofuran - Furans are byproducts of wood oils.
- 3,3',4,4',5,5'-Hexachlorobiphenyl - pcb's are produced by chlorination of biphenyl, a process used by many industries.
What you can do...
- Recycle plastics
- mulch garden materials
- mow often and leave grass clippings in the lawn
- Follow directions when using pesticides or herbicides. These products are safe when used according to directions.
- Save used motor oil, old paint, etc. for annual collection by local agencies and/or companies.