Tuesday, June 29, 2004


Upon seeing the photo of yours truly planting vegetables & flowers... a friend sent me an email commenting:
"It's true, the half life of dioxin is ONLY 3 hours when exposed to ultraviolet rays, yet "sunning" contaminated soil has never been an approved remediation alternative; per government officials, it must be dug up, burned or encapsulate it........ little factoid... Scientists have tried to convince public policy makers of the economical sense of using light, but it's TOO economical and TOO much common sense to warrant government approval. Industrial companies cannot be sufficiently destroyed using such simple solutions ....."
As you can see, I was just doing my part to clean up the dioxin in our environment! While I was planting, there was a farmer out in the field behind our property... doing HIS part to clean up the environment! He was plowing, dust was flying, farming was being done back there just like it has been for the past 45 years of our life here on the Tittabawassee River floodplain area! Why am I not whining and moaning and following Michelle Whatsername, protector of the weak and misguided? Because I'm happy... and healthy..... that's why! Maybe she should get out in the sunshine once in awhile!

FYI... I like the feel of nice clean soil between my fingers! I always wash my hands before cooking or eating. Duh!  Posted by Hello

No comments: