I cannot say absolutely about anybody else but, as one of the resident families in a 'priority one' area of the Tittabawassee River floodplain, my husband and I have not yet contacted AKT Peerless per instruction in their cover letter.
Just being on 'the list' has put us in an uncertain position.
- Both of us are as healthy or healthier than many people our age, here or elsewhere.
- We both cleaned up the flood debris in our back yard as soon as we could get down there after the flood.
- I've already mowed once... and should get out there again - I'm waiting for a warmer day!
- We have no air ducts to be cleaned because we heat with hot water and solar.
- We've cleaned house since the last flood.
- We have no vendetta with Dow Chemical... don't have a need to 'get them'...
- We do not believe any small residual of dioxin presents a danger to us, our children or grandchildren.