Monday, May 09, 2005

Wildlife Advisory - Tittabawassee River Floodplain...

Here is where I saw the most concise and accurate advisory about eating game killed along the Tittabawassee River floodplain: Federal regulators lay out wild game consumption guidelines: I read it from WOOD TV online, as contributed by Rob St. Mary, WSGW radio.

Other News: Shirley Wrote a Letter to the Editor, Saginaw News...
... titled The other side. (It's the second editorial at the Sunday, May 8 SN site.) ...this one in response to a letter published last Sunday by one of the environutz. Just received the following note from one of my favorite people...
[Shirley…I enjoyed your letter to the Saginaw News Editor……well written and well represented viewpoint………there is an old saying that…” If you want to make an omelette, you’ve got to break a few eggs….”]
FYI... I'm a subscriber to the free version of The Midland Daily News online. Although you can read the headlines, you must subscribe if you want to read the articles. Although I've been sharing dioxin-related articles by copying to my domain, you will need to subscribe in order to view this article, which has several beautiful photos - Four Corners of the County: Jasper - a photo story by Brett Marshall, Midland Daily News.

Another favorite person sent me information about a new website created by an adversary. This website contains a whole webpage dedicated to me... I think. Although my name is misspelled, he quotes directly from specific blog entries at Tittabawassee River Voice. This person then twists and turns the truth, trying to make me out a blatant liar. As our faithful readers know, this is the way of a dedicated environmental extremist wacko! However, I can't help but smile when I think about it. After all, isn't imitation (no matter how twisted) still the simplest form of flattery?

It is my belief that the surname Silas is a good old New Englander name... which is fine. It gives me visions of a Norman Rockwell painting. My ancestors came from New England with a bit Welsh and a bit French as far as background goes. My husband's surname however, is Salas. He is a proud son of Mexican heritage, with a bit of Indian, French, German and Spanish tumbled together. God bless America!
Still healthy and kicking in the Tittabawassee River floodplain... Shirley Salas.

No comments: