- Don't eat 'bottom feeders.' This is nothing new to many of us. When I was a child, word was that bottom feeding fish eat whatever settles - this at a time when you could literally see feces floating down the *Saginaw River.
- Trim fatty tissue from the fish you eat. I do this with 'store-bought' fish! Don't like the taste of animal fats of any kind.
- Limit the number of fish you eat per week from this source.
- Don't roll around in the dirt.
- If you insist on eating dirt, wash it first.
*Please note correction: the Saginaw River sported floating feces. (Shirley, 08/22/2005)